Altas Corporation, its subsidiaries, and affiliates (together, “Altas”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Altas collects and uses personal information only as necessary in connection with the operation of the Website and the operation of its business, including to develop, assess, and improve our Website. We only collect personal information if non-identifying information will not suffice. We minimize our collection and use of personal information to what is needed for these purposes.
- We collect information regarding the areas of the Website you visit, the websites you previously visited, the websites you link to when you leave our Website, and the information and data you request, view, and download from or through the Website. We also collect information you provide through the Website; and
- We may also collect information from you through the use of “cookies” as further described in the Cookies and Similar Technologies section.
USING AND DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We use the information we collect from you to verify your identity and protect against error and fraud, comply with legal and regulatory requirements, send information to you and for our other legitimate business interests as may, from time to time, be permitted by law. We use and disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to any third parties except as permitted hereunder. This does not include our affiliated entities or third party service providers who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. If you provide us with personal data about another person, you represent that you have all necessary authority and/or have obtained all necessary consents from that individual to enable us to collect, use, and disclose that personal data. If you exchange emails with Altas personnel, our systems will retain a record of all email communications.
We may share aggregated demographic information about our users with our business associates, but this information cannot be used to identify any particular individual. We may also disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety, prevent other harm or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We strive to limit collection, use, and disclosure of personal data in the course of transactions. However, where reasonably necessary for business transactions, we may collect personal data from, or disclose personal data to third parties.
Altas may disclose personal information to third parties and to Altas subsidiaries and affiliates, including for:
- Background checks (including criminal and credit checks);
- Proposed or actual purchase, sale, financing, investment or other type of transactions;
- Regulatory, tax or other government authorities and agencies;
- Our affiliates (i.e., companies related to us by common ownership or control) for various purposes permitted by law;
- Other individuals or entities, when we believe that disclosure is necessary to detect, prevent or report suspicious activities, prevent physical harm, financial loss or violations of our agreements and policies; and
- For specific products or services, when you have given your consent.
At times we may use third parties outside of Canada, including in the United States, to perform services for us involving some of your personal information. This may require transfer of information to those third parties. This information is subject to both the laws of Canada and the laws of the third party's jurisdiction, including laws with respect to disclosure of such information, and may be accessible by regulatory authorities in other jurisdictions. When we transfer personal information to third parties, we ensure by contractual means that the transferred personal information is protected to the same degree as if it were in our possession. Altas does not sell or lease personal information to third parties nor does it share personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also be required by law to disclose information to government regulatory authorities which collect, use, and disclose such personal information for regulatory purposes, including trading surveillance, audits, investigations, maintenance of regulatory databases and enforcement proceedings.
HOW WE OBTAIN YOUR CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
You may also opt out of receiving promotional emails from Altas by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
HOW WE LIMIT DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Confidentiality of personal information is a fundamental principle of Altas. To that end, we restrict access to personal information about you to those employees and other persons who need to know the information to enable us to provide services to you. Each employee of Altas and any related parties is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality of all personal information they may access. To maintain awareness of our policies and practices in this regard, at least annually we have all of our employees sign a code of conduct containing policies on the protection of personal information and affirming their undertaking to faithfully abide by these practices.
Altas maintains physical, electronic and procedural controls consistent with regulatory standards to safeguard personal information in its possession. Reasonable measures (such as systems access security controls, safeguards to detect and prevent security system failures, restricted access and employee training) have been implemented to help protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure.
DISCLAIMER TO SECURITY
RETAINING AND DISPOSING OF INFORMATION
Your personal information is maintained on our networks or on the networks of our service providers. Your information may also be stored in a secure off-site storage facility. We retain personal information only as long as it is needed to fulfill the identified purposes or as may be required to comply with applicable laws. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements To satisfy regulatory requirements, certain personal information may be retained for at least seven years (unless there are legal requirements that require its further retention) after which all documentation will be destroyed in a manner commensurate with its sensitivity.
USE OF OUR WEBSITE AND INFORMATION
All information, opinions, advice or other content on the Website (collectively, “Information”) and all trademarks, logos, copyrights and other intellectual property displayed on the Website, is owned by Altas or their respective owners. The Information is protected by Canadian and international copyright law and treaty provisions, trademarks laws, and other proprietary rights laws. Unauthorized use of this Website and/or the Information may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. By visiting this Website you agree to the following with respect to the Information on the Website.
- Altas grants you a limited, revocable, nonexclusive and non-transferable right to view, store, bookmark, and print pages from the Website solely for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- Unless you receive our permission in advance, you may not exploit commercially, reproduce, post, transmit, display, perform, distribute, modify, republish, license or create derivative works of the Information or any part of it, forward it as a mass distribution, post it on another site, or otherwise copy, distribute or modify any portion of the Website. If you want to reproduce any of the Information, please send us a request at email@example.com. We may approve or deny any such request in our sole discretion.
- You may download one copy of the Information for your personal, non-commercial viewing only, provided that you do not remove or obscure any copyright or other notices or legends contained in any such Information. You may not alter or modify the Information in your copies.
- You may not use any trademark, service mark or logo of Altas or any third party that appears on the Website without our prior written consent.
- You agree not to engage in “spidering,” “screen scraping,” “database scraping,” harvesting of e-mail addresses or other personal information, or any other automatic or unauthorized means of accessing, logging-in or registering on this Website, or obtaining lists of users or other information from or through this Website including, without limitation, any information residing on any server or database connected to this Website.
- You may not link to this Website nor display this Website as “framed” within another website.
- You may not (and may not encourage or assist others to) violate the intellectual property or contractual rights of others, or attempt to violate the security of this Website or use or gain access to the identities, information or computers of others through this Website.
- You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website.
- You agree not take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on the Website’s infrastructure. You may not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity being conducted on this Website.
- You may not delete, decompose, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deconstruct all or any portion of this Website.
- You may not transmit any virus, worm, time bomb or similar system interference or corruptant through this Website.
The Website is directed to those individuals and entities located in Canada but may be hosted outside of Canada. It is not directed to any person or entity in any jurisdiction where (by reason of nationality, residence, citizenship or otherwise) the publication or availability of the Website and its Information, including its products and services, are unavailable or otherwise contrary to local laws or regulations or would subject any person or entity, including Altas, to any registration or licensing requirements in that jurisdiction. If this applies to you, you are not authorized to access or use any of the Information on this Website. We make no representation that the Information is appropriate outside of Canada. This Website may describe products, programs and services that are not available or are prohibited in some countries. These descriptions do not imply that we intend to make those products, programs or services available in every country, or that those products, programs and services may be used lawfully in your country. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
This Website is for general informational purposes only. Nothing contained in this Website constitutes investment, legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice. This Website and the Information contained on this Website does not constitute or imply any solicitation, offer or recommendation by Altas to buy or sell any securities, financial instruments, investments or other services, including any securities of any fund or other entity managed or advised, directly or indirectly, by Altas. Dated content speaks only as of the date indicated. Decisions based on information contained on this Website are your sole responsibility. You agree that Altas is not liable for any action you take or decision you make in reliance on any Information. Altas will not treat users of the Website as its partners, clients, customers or investors by virtue of their accessing the Website.
PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. The Website may include information as to past or current circumstances, events, financial results or performance and statements about possible, assumed or expected circumstances, events, financial results or performance that are forward-looking in nature and subject to risks and uncertainties. Altas cautions that no such statement is a guarantee as to future matters and that actual circumstances, events, results and performance will be affected by a number of factors, many of which are beyond the control, and may be materially different from what Altas currently anticipate.
The Website contains forward-looking statements, which reflect our current views with respect to, among other things, the operations and performance of our businesses. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as “outlook,” “believe,” “expect,” “potential,” “continue,” “may,” “should,” “seek,” “approximately,” “predict,” “intend,” “will,” “plan,” “estimate,” “anticipate” or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties. Accordingly, there are or will be important factors that could cause actual outcomes or results to differ materially from those indicated in these statements. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise.
Any transactions described on the Website as having been engaged in by Altas are included as representative transactions for illustrative purposes only, and may not be representative of all transactions engaged in by Altas.
NO WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, THE WEBSITE AND ANY INFORMATION, ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEMS INTEGRATION, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM. ALTAS, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY “RELATED PERSONS”) DO NOT ENDORSE AND MAKE NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE WEBSITE AND INFORMATION, AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR OTHERWISE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY IN UPDATING THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION. WE HAVE NO DUTY TO UPDATE THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE INFORMATION WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTS OR OTHER CONSEQUENCES OF ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AND USING THE INFORMATION, AND FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU MAY ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Your use of the Information is at your own risk. Altas, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and Related Persons shall not be liable to any party for any claims, liabilities, losses, costs, expenses or damages (“Losses”), whether based in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to, use of or reliance on the Information (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages) or that arise in connection with mistakes or omissions in, or delays in transmission of, information to or from the user, any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or delivery, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of records, programs or files, interruptions in telecommunications connections to the Website or viruses whether caused in whole or in part by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, theft or destruction of, or unauthorized access to the Website or the Information. If notwithstanding the foregoing, we should be found liable for any Losses which arise out of or is in any way connected with any of the services or uses of the Website or the Information, our total liability for all damages, losses and causes of action, whether contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, shall in no event exceed in the aggregate $100 CAD or the amount paid by you for accessing the Website, if any, whichever is greater.
RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES
If you have any questions, complaints, or claims, relating to the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns.